Recently discovering how awesome chia seeds are, I have come across their ability to produce a gel-like substance once exposed to liquid. Then the idea came to me. What a perfect substitution for oil in a fresh veggie salad! So go ahead, try this simple, but oh-so-flavorful cucumber salad… you can thank me later.
Simple Tomato Cucumber Salad w/ Chia Seeds (Oil-Free)
- 6 Small “off the vine” tomatoes, quartered
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 Clove of garlic, pressed
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon chia seeds
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine ingredients and toss to saturate.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour so the chia seeds can gel.
I finally know what to do with those darn chia seeds.